Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Interviews Soon!

I have been sick! Oh no. For the past couple of days I have been doing things like
sleeping,
sitting under blankets next to purring cats,
& waking up every so often and feeling confused about which day/month/year it is.

I'm beginning to feel better, though! Which is great timing, because at the end of this week I have quite a few interviews lined up with some lovely folks from around the Portland area.

Next week I have a couple more interviews, and I am especially excited to interview some of the students who attend Levey Day School in Portland. I have heard that Levey is a school that gathers students of a variety of Jewish backgrounds and identities, and allows them to further solidify their individual ideas of what it means to be Jewish. Which, besides sounding great in general-identity-terms, will be super applicable to my specific search of finding out what exactly it means to be Jewish in Maine.

Additionally, it seems fit to mention here that the Maine Jewish Film Festival provides opportunities for young folks to be involved - when I attended Hebrew school, I participated in the MJFF Free Youth Program (and it was kind of great. Granted, I was infatuated with it because I probably was able to skip a class or two to attend the film, but as an adult I'll look back and say that it was, in actuality, a very valuable experience).

Anyway, I hope that all of you in internet-land are feeling well and enjoying the loveliness of October thus far (Autumn is so wonderful in my mind. Maybe this song is about winter but it's still kind of great). There will be many updates soon, post-interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment