Thursday, October 4, 2012

Production Stills! Today I Interviewed Myself.

Or rather, today my camera-clad pal, Zach, interviewed me.

We filmed some preliminary footage, mostly discussing why I'm making the film and what my intentions are. I also talked some about how I relate to Judaism, and what it means to be Jewish specifically in the context of my life. I'm hoping to very soon film my mother to provide more context about my own Jewish identity, in addition to learning more about hers.

After finally filming something, I'm becoming overall more excited, and much less nervous. I'm especially looking forward to speaking with some younger folks about their Jewish identities (!!! kids are so cute!). Having Zach interview me was a positive experience in two ways: firstly, it gave me an idea of what my interviewees are going to be feeling like when I'm talking with them (potentially, a bit nervous, or awkward, or silly, because that is how I felt). Secondly, it helped me to figure out which questions are going to work well in the interviews, and which questions are not. My overall goal is to provide folks with the opportunity to tell stories; I hope very much to ask questions that are going to lead to more in-depth answers.

Here are some production stills from my interview:


(cat!)

I'm looking forward to sifting through the footage of myself over the next couple of days, so as to determine a more finalized list of the questions I will be asking my interviewees! And if you'd like to be one of my interviewees... you know where to find me (here. Or at rwohlpollack@gmail.com).

I hope that everyone had a swell, albeit rainy, Thursday! Until next time, Internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment